Monday, June 21, 2010

What's the time N?


Hooray! N can tell the time!

After doing this N learnt how to tell the time by the hour (1 o'clock, 2 o'clock etc). I have to add that i wasn't very dicipline in doing the activity with him. I just whip it out every now and then and we spent a mere few seconds going through it each time. I just briefly mentioned to him that when the long hand is pointing at 12 and short hand pointing at 6, for instance, makes 6 o'clock. I went through all the other hourly timings using the cards i made.

Then one day, just to make sure he really knows, i took out this clock i bought and asked N to make 6 o'clock for me. He swiped the long hand at 12 and the short hand at 6! And i got him to make other timings for me as well. Woohoo! I think i will stop here and wait for him to be older to teach him to tell time by the minutes. I don't want to confuse him yet.

2 comments:

  1. I found this App on the iPhone, iPod Touch to be very helpful with my young ones. http://tellthetimeapp.com/

    What really makes this teaching aid great is that in the first game there is a character that randomly asks your child to set the clock to a time being asked.

    The character actually uses a real person's voice for something like "It is quarter past twelve".

    My kids absolutely love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! thanks for the tip!! Will go look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails