Monday, August 16, 2010

Youth Olympic

I am so proud that Singapore is hosting the first Youth Olympic games! It's a shame we couldn't go witness the torch bearers and perhaps the ongoing games. It's such a rare opportunity!

Well, i wanted N to be aware of the games, hence i created a simple activity for him.


I cut out the Youth Olympic logo and prepared some picture cards on some of the sports.  I also made word labels to match the pictures. I showed N what each sport is and we talked about which ones are water sports (swimming, sailing) and which one lift heavy weights (weight lifting) etc. N also had caught a swimming relay as well as weight lifting competition on tv. I intend to expose him to more sports by letting him watch the games on tv of course!

And continuing with our series of World flags in Mandarin.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being supportive about my blog break and leaving a comment.
    Hugs,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails