Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Chinese New Year- Sand Art

I don't know about you, but i had an exhuasting but fulfilling Chinese new year! I feel very blessed just by being with my family & friends.

We didn't do much Chinese new year activities but just this:


Chinese New year sandart. We have never done this, this is our first! Since they had Chinese New year themes, i decided to get some to do at home.


Peel off the stickers and sprinkle the colored sand!


This is done by the boy- choice of color fully controlled by the mother.



This is what happens when you let the boy choose his own colors! Purple face, purple eyes... i had to bite my lip and just encouraged him to choose any colors he wanted.


What do we do with the leftover sand? Finger Play!

Blessed Chinese New year!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely and fun idea!! Thanks for sharing this! May I know where to get the materials from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my set at a make shift shop at IMM ( I think you can call them that) outside Banquet food court . It's actually a little set up for kids to do sand art, and erm painting. But I'm sure you can get it at most malls. Just look out for those sand art corner with lots of kids chair and umm, toaster. I hope I'm making sense! I don't know how or what these shops are called!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails